Sunday, March 7, 2010

Good Decision

When I was in my first year in college, I really never thought what I really wanted to take so I shifted from course to course. After I enrolled in accounting, I promised myself not to shift courses anymore. Then there was this study that jobs in healthcare especially medical courses like nursing will boom until the year 2020. Everybody shifted to the medical courses. I was one of those who contemplated about shifting again, after my professor encouraged us to change course because they believed the survey. But, I have to stick to my promise to myself. I told myself that if there is one promise to myself that I will not break is my promise of not shifting courses. Maybe because I don’t want to be reprimanded by my parents again or maybe I was tired of not knowing what I wanted.

Anyway, ten years later, there are still a lot of available healthcare jobs, but thousands from those who graduated with medical courses like nursing are unemployed because there are too many of them. They can work abroad but they still have to pass some examinations that will cause them a lot of money. And me? I am now enjoying dealing with numbers.

No comments: