Wednesday, August 6, 2008

MILKY DAY


Are you drinking the milk made for you? Not all milks are the same. As an adult, your milk must be designed for your specific needs. It should have the right combination of calories you need to stay healthy. It should give you energy. What it should not give you is fat, which most milk have.

Why you need to have the right combination of fat, carbohydrates and protein in your milk:

Fat- Limiting your saturated fat intake will help you reduce your risk f being overweight, contracting heart disease and other lifestyle diseases.

Carbohydrates- 55-70% of your daily calories should come from carbohydrates because it provides the fuel you need for your everyday activities.

Protein- Protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin and blood.

I have learned that everybody must drink milk before going to bed or at breakfast because it also helps in our bone and teeth formation. So drinking mil everyday helps in making our body healthy. Actually, I don’t drink milk. I stopped drinking milk when I was 5 years old. I was the one who mix my milk in my baby bottle. Instead of mixing milk, I mix chocolate and water in my bottle. I don’t like milk because chocolate is more delicious than milk. Now that I learned, what milk can do to my body I will drink milk before I go to sleep.

No comments: