Tuesday, July 29, 2008

LEARNING


I had a talk with my long lost friend. I called her my long lost friend because she ran away from, home last year because they had a misunderstanding with her mom. And now she is married and had a 3-year-old son. His name is James Christoff. We had so many things to talk about and the really interesting part I had heard is how she trains her son to count numbers as early as his age. She said that everytime she would go up or down the stairs, she make it a point to count the steps aloud. This way, James learned counting numbers very quickly and easily. And it serves as a bonding to both of them. She was surprised that last Wednesday, he correctly counted all the steps by himself. I saw in her face that she is so proud of her son while narrating what happened. And she got me to be James’ godparent on his christening. I will surely be very proud having a son like James, he can quickly learn.

No comments: