Sunday, July 20, 2008

HEALTH TRIVIA

Smoke in the Air

Secondhand smoke causes between 35,000 and 40,000 deaths in nonsmokers from heart disease each year. – Looking After Your Body

Human Encyclopedia

A single human cell contains as much information as all 30 volumes of the Encyclopedia Britannica three of four times over. If it is unreasonable to believe that an encyclopedia could have evolved without intelligence, it is just as unreasonable to believe that life evolved without intelligence.
-Refuting Evolution

 Clean and healthy

School kids who wash their hands four times a day miss 23 percent fewer due to infectious diseases than those who don’t..
-Eat, Drink, and Be Merry

 Black Lungs

When a smoker inhales and then blows out tobacco smoke, about 30 percent of the burned particles are exhaled. The rest -70 percent-collect as black soot in the lungs.
-How Come? Planet Earth

1 comment:

Ms. Orange said...

oh no, I really need to quit smoking. Thank you for the Health Trivia :)