Sunday, July 27, 2008

EXPRESSING YOUR LOVE


I went to our neighbor’s burial. I accompanied my mom because she wants to extend her condolences to the bereaved family. I was once playing at their house when I was a kid. I play with their daughter. We always play at her room because she had a collection of dolls and I always brought my favorite doll and we exchange dolls and play with each other’s dolls. Her father died because of cancer after fighting the big C for 2 years. And I saw a quote written in a ribbon at his coffin, it read: “I’d rather appreciate one rose and a kind word from a friend while I’m here, than a truck of different flowers when I’m gone.” When I read the quote I realized that we should express our love to our family and friends while we still see them, touch them and while we can still have a conversation with them. Because when they are gone, they will never feel that love anymore.

No comments: