Rib of beef, sliced
Garlic cloves crushed
Ripe tomatoes skinned, seeded, drained and chopped
Chopped fresh oregano
Salt and pepper
How to cook it:
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan over a high heat.
- When the oil is hot, quickly brown the beef slices on both sides (do not crowd the slices; cook only 2 at a time if necessary.)
- Transfer the slices to a hot serving platter and keep them warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the garlic to the oil remaining in the pan. Cook until golden,
- Add the tomatoes and oregano, season with salt and pepper, cook for 8 minutes.
- Return the slices of beef to the pan for a minute or just heat the pan top heat them through thoroughly.
- Arrange the beef slices on a platter and serve them coated with the sauce.
I think my tummy got bigger but we all enjoyed our dinner. Have a great week!