- Clean the door handles and the faceplates of light switches on one floor. Use a damp rag with a dab of de-greasing dishwashing soap on one corner to attack greasy spots.
- Empty every trash container into one large bag or can and take it outside. Replace bags in the containers that need them. (Store extra bags at the bottom of the containers to save time.)
- Gather old newspapers and magazines and prep them for recycling or donation.
- Clean and protect one piece of wooden furniture by wiping it down with lemon oil or polish.
- Clean dust and cobwebs from air vents and ceiling corners using a feather duster or a clean broom.
- Wipe down the baseboards you can get at in three rooms, using a clean dust mop or a rag.
- Take down sheer or lightweight curtains in one room and toss them in the washing machine.
- Rehang curtains, putting them back up still wet if sheer or damp if another type.
- Vacuum a dusty sofa and plump the cushions.
- Vacuum the top and the folds of curtains or valances in one room. Do the lampshades, too.
- Clean the top and blades of a ceiling fan with a damp soft rag.
- Spritz four or five picture frames or mirrors with glass cleaner, wiping each one down with paper towels.
- Vacuum two large rooms, or one room plus the hall and stairs.
- Dust furniture in two rooms using a rag and dust-busting spray cleaner.
- Change a ceiling light bulb. Wipe, dust, and grime from the fixture before replacing.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
HOUSEHOLD HINTS ALL THROUGH THE HOUSE
Here are some household jobs you can do all through the house: