Saturday, May 10, 2008

BLESSINGS AND 18


It has been a month since the day that I turned 18. My last celebration for my birthday with my friends and relatives was when I turned 5 years old and since then we never celebrated my birthday at home. My family and I just went out to eat dinner because my birthday always comes with Good Friday or Holy Thursday. My mom is a devoted catholic that’s why we do not celebrate on the day that Jesus Christ died. It’s just this year that my birth date did not come with Good Friday. I’m now 18 and I’m in my legal age. As they say I can do anything because I’m now 18, I can vote, I can be married, (but with my parent’s consent of course) But I’m not telling you that I want to be married now since I have not yet finished my studies for me to have a good job in the future. I can do anything at my legal age. I know my responsibilities and I know my limitations. Being 18 doesn’t mean you can do whatever you want like a prisoner freed after poisoned for 15 years. There are things that must carry a responsibility. My mom never stopped telling me to finish my studies before I will get marry. She always tell me to take care of myself since I have all grown up and that she is always here beside me when I need her. I’m so blessed with a family so supportive and so understanding. I never imagined myself alive without them.
Being 18 comes with responsibilities and limitations. And I’m so thankful that my mom and dad brought me up with a faith to the Lord and with values that I will carry throughout my life. J

No comments: